Saturday, February 12, 2011

Visible controls and candlelight memorials

Insight!
I almost forgot how relaxing it was to listen to Explosions in the dark with candles lit and no central heat whatsoever. Just me, my clothes, and my dog. At this point, yeah, it's totally cool that I don't have a roommate. Also, I have a shopping problem that I should be able to admit in the open by now. For everything in my life that I find is unsatisfying or unsuccessful, I tend to make up for it by buying SOMETHING. This isn't always the theory, but about 75% of the time it is. I went on a huge shopping spree and bought 2 skirts, 1 of which I returned today, 2 dresses, 1 pair of shoes, 2 sweaters, 2 sets of gauges, and fishnets. Today, I bought a handbag, another sweater, and some faux leather on the knee leggings. And some food for mon roi and I. There's something satisfying about swiping my card or paying in bills and receiving change back. There's something about it that makes me feel full when I am able to sit down in my apartment. It's not the versatility of my closet. It's not the flexibility. It's just, I don't know how to explain it. But being cliché, I feel alive. It's just unfortunate you can see more bright yellow bags in my apartment than you do furniture.

Below I included recent pictures of mon roi et moi. Enjoy.











Striped Shirt - Forever21.com $15
Denim Vest - Thrift Store and DIY
Liquid leggings - Up Against The Wall, but you can get them at Forever21.com or Karmaloop.com
Booties - Forever21.com $22
Beanie - Urbanoutfitters.com $5 on sale

Avec l'amour,
Yeye

1 comment:

I know someone will say something stupid and sign a fake name. We're all adults, right?