Sunday, February 20, 2011

Illegal crossing and irresponsibility

Took a weekend getaway trip to Washington, D.C. to see the folks. There's a heavy smelling poison in the town I grew up in, but after being away for days, then weeks, then months, and now years, there's something comforting about it. It's possibly the feeling of the unconditional love that my mother and father radiate onto me. Realistically, it's probably the fact that my mother will go out of her way to make sure that I"m happy, and if that means spending $119 on me at H&M then so be it. I got my hair recolored for my trip to LA coming up on the 7th until the 14th, hopefully. That's another story coming up shortly, next paragraph to be exact. My hair color is a deep red wine color with the hint of violet. But my hairdresser Dina knows me very well. She knew I'd like more violet than red, because it's not in the mediocre spectrum of things. You can barely see it in these pictures, but I promise I'll deliver some top notch pictures sometime this week. Probably on Saturday if Jamal is free. Oh, and food!  To be honest, I don't really eat as much as I usually do, or the way my parents would like to see me eat. I don't fluently speak Tagalog, but I know when she's telling my father that I look skinny. Well, I ate a lot of shit. I mean, a lot. But here's a food tip! Breathe.

My job recently moved floorset to the week I'm leaving, but it's not my fault seriously. They told me one date and I booked my flight around that. Crossing my fingers that it'll work out in my favor, because that $300 ticket isn't refundable goddamnit. And I'm not trying to move the ticket over because it'll just cost more money. Basically if I'm unable to fly to LA to see my dear nephew, then that's whent he nasty Yeye comes out. Seriously. I bend over backwards and kiss my own ass and then trip myself and then punch myself in the face. I just want my trip, that's all.

Went to Urban Outfitters on 7th street and found a bunch of shit but something in me told me to hold off until later. Stopped at Zara and it made me go, "Ah coo coo" due to the fact I can't just spend all my money on one garment. Hit on H&M and the same voice kept coming back, "Hold that shit, dude." And then I realized that I saved the best for last; American Apparel. That's where I dropped $60 easily, but hey, they were having a buy 1 get 1 on the legalize shirts. Tell me that I can't make it into something. Tell me! Overall, a successful getaway trip and I feel so good inside with all the material goods I have. I know, sounds pathetic. But whatever makes you happy, right?

I would've had more pictures but I am the irresponsible one and didn't realize that I left my DSLR camera running the whole time in the car and the battery died before I could even think about taking a picture of the empty metro station. So, hoorah for shitty cell phone cameras. But if my trip to LA is confirmed, then be prepared for a huge picture post of shit+clothes.









No comments:

Post a Comment

I know someone will say something stupid and sign a fake name. We're all adults, right?