Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Comment dit-on "I don't really like to wear pants" en français?

I had my final oral exam in French 101 tonight. The first question was, "Bonjour! Comment allez-vous?" My professor said that I should answer with something related to health, as oppose to saying, "Je suis heureuse." So I answered "Bonjour! J'ai froid! Il fait très froid aujourd'hui!" And then she went off about how I'm not wearing anything and she's wearing pants with long songs and a red turtleneck with a matching red peacoat. Translation, I just said I was cold! It's really cold today!"

For some reason, I don't think I look very appealing in jeans. Mon roi (My king) says that I look great in pants. I disagree. For some reason, I look at myself in the mirror and I just think I'm extremely dumpy looking and not proportional. I feel a lot better for some reason when I wear shorts with tights, even if it's 30 fucking degrees outside.

You'll see me periodically not wearing pants throughout this blog. Now I'm not saying that I don't own pants. The pants that I own are only black or gray, and they all have holes all over it. I'm the holy Mary. I just don't like the feeling of jeans. I feel like I can't breathe, even if the jeans are loose.

Basically in a nutshell, little tid bit about me. I can't sacrifice my overall appearance just because it's cold. For some reason, I can't sacrifice fashion for weather.

1 comment:

  1. Happy to follow this blog from France , and I hope " que vous n'aimez pas vraiment porter un pantalon ? " But for this winter , thigh high boots are the best , n'est ce pas ?
    Sorry for the mix of two languages !
    All my congratulations for your blog and have a happy year 2011 !
    dan'

    ReplyDelete

I know someone will say something stupid and sign a fake name. We're all adults, right?