Monday, May 9, 2011

Invisible shoulder pads and loyal companions


Let me start this entry with a little story from today. So I'm walking out of the store with my co-worker Toni and we get somewhat approached by these crazy foreign dudes trying to sell bomb hand lotion to females. One of the guys says to me, "I like the hair!" in a stupid, seductive manner and I politely turn around and say thanks. Went to get food. Subway, all day every day. Down the escalator. Walking across the courtyard and towards the store again and both of the men are standing right in front of me with cups of lotion ready to throw all over my face. I, again, politely smile and continue to walk. Right when we intersected, the guy from the beginning says, "I wish you a good day." He said it nicely so I said, "You too!" And god mother fucking damnit. Not even 2 steps ahead he has the nerve to say out loud, "Her ass is on fire." I choked on my spit at that moment in time. That phrase sounds stupid with an American accent, let alone a foreign one. And then had the goddamn nerve to ask my friend how old I was and that he'd like to talk to me and etc. Like, seriously, what the fuck. If I told stories like this everyday on this blog, this blog would no longer be a fashion blog. For some reason, I'm attacked by overly seductive 1970's pick up lines and facial hair trimmings. Oh, and the occasional little middle school/high school kids that like to throw their arms around me and say how much they like my outfit or my hair or my face. But out of all the days and body parts. Mm mm mmm. Betrayed by the booty.

Anyways! Fashion talk. Summer summer summer oh I fucking hate the summer time weather. Here, it's way too fucking humid and there's not enough of the beautiful cool breeze. It's just a bunch of sweaty ass tourists down at the ocean front asking ridiculous questions like, "How much does it cost?" with a huge goddamn sign hanging above their head. Or little kids out on vacation from school hitting on my boyfriend and then attempting to add me on Facebook with stupid messages like "I think you're so hot" or "I know your boyfriend! You guys are so cute together!" Such bullshit. I know technically I'm letting the world in on a few of my secrets and my life in general, but don't be an idiot. You're supposed to be free. Don't come at me with fake intentions. I don't show it all the time, but I'm actually a lot smarter than I look. Ugh, back to fashion talk!

Summer could only mean a few things to me. Number one, I don't really like wearing clothes to be honest. I don't even layer in the winter. So obviously, if I could run around nekkid during the summer, I would've been doing so already. Number two, feeding off of the colors of the rays, bright, vibrant colors are a must have! Number three, fuck cotton. Chiffon, burnout, bandeaus, open weave vests/ponchos, anything but cotton. Although it will stick to the sweat on my back, it's still a lot better than sweating on cotton. Number four, prints and stripes!! I'm slowly kind of fading out of my floral print stage and I'm going to move on. Aztec prints are becoming extremely popular. Navajo inspired tops, feeding off of Mary Kate Olsen's vibe, are actually being noticed (Thank God!). Number five, I'M NOT GOING TO THE BEACH IN MOTHER FUCKIN FLIP FLOPS. Thanks, but no thanks. I'll stick with my boots and a bikini. And number seven, j'ai peur du soleil. Need a big straw floppy hat and the strongest sunscreen lotion made.

My suggestion to you all...experiment with different prints and see what suits you best. Whether it's southwestern or Aztec or Navajo inspired or just plain floral broken down to realistic or watercolor or ditzy or liberty or large print. Also, try mixing tiny bandeaus with high waist shorts and a very open weave vest or poncho. I'm going to say boots, but obviously, you can wear your flip flops. Fuck a flip flop. Sorry. Bohemian inspired is always welcome in the summer time. Long, wide maxi skirts with a bandeau and a straw hat. Open weave vest with a striped bandeau and floral shorts. Boxy embroidered tops with a braided waist belt. Oh and the obvious, everyone loves a maxi dress in their life. My store has a million of them, solid or printed. We have some for $10 and then some really nice printed ones for $22. Check it out.  And as much as I'd like to give you advice on accessories, remember, I'm old school hardcore. The only things I wear are my facial piercings, gauges, my Donate Life bracelet for my cousin, and my charity bracelets. Oh, and the bracelet that Meranie made me out of a bottle cap.

Cheers! For the future bright colors and prints. And for the future nap sessions on the sand with the boy I love the most. Thanks babe.











Just a clear shot of the colors in the dress and the actual print. And don't think I won't wear those fucking boots to the beach with my bikini. Oh! And his name is Peanut. My king boo calls him Francis. Whichever.

Puff shoulder Aztec print body con dress - Forever21.com $16
Heritage denim Racer Back Vest - Heritage1981 $18

Avec l'amour,
Yeye

1 comment:

  1. GREAT POST!!

    rad online vintage store

    www.deepoca.net

    ReplyDelete

I know someone will say something stupid and sign a fake name. We're all adults, right?