Sunday, April 10, 2011

C'est pour mon frère perdu. C'est pour tu. De nous.

Da would've probably thought I was "wildin' out" if he had seen me like this. He knows my style is wild enough. But he never thought I was crazy. He probably would've been one of my top followers. Oh, Daboy. I was doing just fine until yesterday.

Oh the note of fashion, obviously the weather is warming up, which means white on white on white with brown sandals. You think I'm kidding? Walk by my store tomorrow, and if you want something to do today, walk by H&M's windows. You'll get it. Mr. Wang's summer 2011 line is pretty much exactly what I'm talking about. It's not really about the whole "country girl" concept. It's just about the simplicity. Calvin Klein's spring/summer 2011 collection is pure white and/or black dresses with minimal silhouettes and extreme flow and comfort. Francisco Costa has a similar concept.

Now, as for me, I much much much prefer to shop with the tribal prints and the tropical feel. I'm not going to wear white on white because I'm a messy eater and I'll most likely spill something on myself and it'll look ridiculous and I'll get pissed off and kick myself in the face. Can't go wrong with tribal prints. Provides more of an edge and gives you a little more versatility as far as accessories and, so gay to say, but swag as well. The tropical feel, obviously, is coming in faster than we expected. Bikinis with fisherman cable ponchos and gladiators and neon colors and bright striped dresses. Big floppy hats, big floppy hats! Ugh, love those big floppy hats, seriously. With the boho/hippie outlook, big ole' bangles gives you more of an -umph, if that makes sense. Cherry colored lips and big ole' N. Richie sunglasses will do it for you. Seriously. It's always a trip to write on my blog because I have all these pictures in my head that I can't describe to you, so instead, I do the best I can and hopefully it makes sense.

I'm going to enjoy what's left of my day before I surrender myself to an overnight at my store.



Avec l'amour,
Yeye

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know someone will say something stupid and sign a fake name. We're all adults, right?