Thursday, March 3, 2011

I can't go out like this. No fucking way.

I don't want to get into the entire story, but then again I don't know what else to say to make it know to my viewers as to why I will be sparsely updating for the next week and a couple of days.

My cousin, who I spent lots of time with, hung himself tonight. Words can't begin to describe what I'm feeling, or what I'm going to be feeling for the next few days or weeks or months or even years. There was one summer where he picked me up everyday and we'd drive around and go to multiple thrift stores just finding the best deals. I remember he was with me when I bought my first pair of "scenie weenie" jeans. Bought those suckers for 3 dollars and they were the best damn jeans I've ever bought. But you all should know me by now. I don't really wear jeans anymore but if I did, I'd wear those jeans even though there's a ginormous hole right over my vagina.

But there's small hope. He's showing no brain activity but he's got a steady heart beat. There's a chance he'll make it, but when someone is suffering so much, we need to stop being selfish and let him do whatever he wants or go wherever he wants. I love my cousin, so much. But what else can I do for him when I left him in DC and I'm so occupied with my life that I barely have time to talk to myself? God I feel like the asshole cousin. I really do.

Along with my brother Jon and my sister Denice, my cousin Daboy helped raise me to be who I am today. Each of those three gave me a bit of life. I almost feel lost, now. I'm driving up to DC to see him tomorrow morning. And I'm almost preparing myself to experience a totally different side of me. A totally different side of Yeye.

Anyways, I just wanted to let you all know that that's what's happening, and I still have enough pride to hold on to to not go out without a bang. This photoshoot was done by Hill Harper. The first goofy picture is there just so that this post isn't entirely depressing. It's crazy. One minute he's there. And the last minute, he's gone. You'll never know what unconditional love feels like until it's gone. I do love you all. And you should be hearing from me in a few days. I'm not the type that prays. But I'll pray if you do.














Striped Cropped Sweater - Forever21.com $7.99 on sale
Printed Maxi Skirt - Forever21.com $15.50 Fab Find
Black Strap Wedges - Forever21.com $23

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know someone will say something stupid and sign a fake name. We're all adults, right?